Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP traffic not passing correctly over Site to Site VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks2112

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2004
US
Hi - I have a site to site tunnel with a 1921 ISR. The tunnel is up no problem and I can ping the remote server. The issue I am having is I am trying to access a web page and the connection never completes. I ran Wireshark and found the initial 3 way hand shake taking place no problem. After that I perform a GET and receive an ACK response. The next packet says TCP previous segment not captured. After that there are some TCP DUP ACK and keep alives but no connection to the web server. Now here's the odd part, if I plug a laptop into the same switch that the ISR's internal interface connects to I can access the site. Both of my connection attempts (failed and successful) are on the same subnet. I am completely lost as to why this only works from the switch that the ISR is connected to, We have other tunnels with the same vendor and the web site on the other tunnels come up just fine. Any help is appreciated.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back