Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP server problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharquah

MIS
May 14, 2001
GB
I recently upgraded from 5.0.5 to 5.0.7. Upon restarting the domino server I got this little beauty...

Invalid HTTP file cache directory specified in NAB

Then the http server shuts down.

Any ideas... Please..?

From the Lotus Knowledgebase. (Tips..Always search the knowledgebase first)

Problem:

You do a new install of Domino 5.x to a server. When you load the HTTP task, the following error message appears on the console:

"12:11:53 PM Invalid HTTP file cache directory specified in NAB. The directory does not exist, is read-only, or the file system does not support long file names."

The error seems inappropriate because this a new install and Domino R5 does not use a disk cache. You clear the Cache Directory field in the Server document, restart the server, yet the same problem occurs.

Solution:

To avoid the error, create a cache directory at the operating system level. Make sure the case is the same as that specified in the Cache directory field. For example, if "cache" is lowercase in the Server document, it should be lowercase at the operating system level. At the operating system level, the full path is normally as follows:

C:\Lotus\Domino\Data\domino\cache

Thanks for that - worked like a charm. (ps - I spent about an hour in the knowledge base.. didn't find anything. Bad luck that time I 'spose...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back