Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP POST 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asd78fg

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
US
I am trying to have an ASP page submit a POST messge to a remote server. The catch is, this can not be done with a form, because of the nature of the data that is expected by the remote server (it expects some custom headers). It must be a manually-written ASP-driven HTTP POST submission. Added difficulty is that, if possible, no new objects should be deployed. Is there a way to do this with straight ASP?

Forgive me if I repeat a previous thread -- though I checked far back, I didn't go all the way to the beginning of the forum to determine if this has already been asked.

That looks pretty promising, but, being XML-based, won't it be .Net dependent? Sadly, I'm limited to old-fashioned ASP. In addition, I noticed on the DevGuru page that it is an ActiveX control -- this project will be serving individuals at a university who may be using any number of browsers and operating systems. ActiveX only really works in IE on Windows.

I had a similar problem and finally figured it out. Consequently, I responded to my own thread. So, check these 2 threads out and see if they help thread333-981226 and thread333-982046

It's working beautifully now, thanks to you both. Thank you ChrisHist for pointing me to the object and FancyPrairie for pointing me to your excellent example threads. You have both very extremely helpful, and each get a nice purple star!

For anyone with similar problems, I will refrain from posting any sample code, as FancyPrairie's is more than adequate and the developer pages that ChrisHist linked have excellent samples as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back