Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP Post msxml3.dll error '800c005'

Status
Not open for further replies.

woter324

Technical User
Jan 26, 2007
GB
I would have replied to the thread 1281365 but it's closed.

I used that thread to get most of the HTTPPOST code.

There seems to be quite a few posts on this error, but as I am already subscribed here and so many people have helped me on this site, I am sharing here.

I was getting the error:
msxml3.dll error '800c0005' The system cannot locate the resource specified.

Our corporate environment sits behind MS ISA proxy. My web server is IIS 7 on Windows Server 2008 R2. The site consists of two simple asp pages.
I found entering the POST URL straight into the browser, it worked, yet through IIS and my web page, I couldn't even see the external request hitting the proxy. However, on my personal laptop off the corporate network, it worked fine.

After many hours of thinking the code was wrong, something I came across a while ago made me think about setting the proxy using WinHTTP. My IE proxy was already set up correctly so I was able to use the command from the IIS box:

Code:
C:\> netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie

Once I did that, it work straight away.

The other thing I found is that you need "http(s)://" in the URL to post.

MS Reference Article

A little side-tip for google to pick up, you need to use netsh to set the static routes. I found this when configuring Exchange 2010 clustering. It stops the flip-flop between cluster nodes. (Assuming one's network has static routes). On Win2K8 server, it doesn't like the old dos routeadd command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back