Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP Error 500 in OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhusd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
Hi guys,

I have a user who gets a HTTP Error 500, when accessing OWA. We have tried swapping browsers, using different PCs.. still same result.

He can login fine and see all the folders. But when he clicks on an email, the message body displays a HTTP 500 error. Same thing even if he opens it up in a new window. I have Exchange 2003 Standard on Windows Server 2003 Standard in a non-clustered environment.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !!

Both those KB articles pertain to Exchange Deployment as a Front-end server and Exchange in a clustered mode.

We have none of those. I have gone through both those KB articles before posting on this board. The patch provided in the second KB article is already included in SP1, which is already installed on our Exchange Server.

Any other suggestions ?

Yeah Windows Sp2 is already installed. Again, this is only for one user. All the other users seem to be able to login just fine. What could go wrong with this one user all of a sudden ?

Did you check from "Disabling OWA Access for a Specific User " in the previous link

I hope you understand we cannot 'see' what you see, so we can only take it step by step, moving on from feedback provided.
1 simple error does not reveal much to us, as there may be so many underlying causes.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

to madhusd:
thanks for your feedback on the solution you found. But how did you discover that kb930241 would solve the owa http 500 error? Were you also have STORE MOUNTING problems?

This problem occurs after applying the new Microsoft DST patch. Had to contact MS to get the correct patch. It had nothing to do with Store mounting problems.

to madhusd;
our owa http 500 problem has ms engineers stumped. I have not heard from them in 3 days. This is the second time the case has been opened and they have not linked it to DST patch. do you have a microsoft srx number I can point them to or some other reference? send it to jmullen@wilmingtontrust.com if you do not want to post it.

Each case maybe different. In my case, the OWA issue only effected one user. And I have already posted the resolution. You can do some research on the KB articles and I am sure you can find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back