Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP *ADMIN server fails to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonty

MIS
Jan 29, 2003
GB
We are testing a new i5 server running v5r4 that will replace our old 825 running v5r2. We have done a full save and restore (and O/S upgrade) and I can't get the HTTP *ADMIN server to start on the new server. Errors in the joblog is are follows:-
Message . . . . : Directive syntax error occurred.
Cause . . . . . : The syntax for directive RewriteRule is not correct.

Message . . . . : HTTP Server Instance ADMIN failed during start-up.
Cause . . . . . : HTTP Server instance ADMIN failed because of a configuration error on line 22in configuration file
/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/admin/conf/admin-ibm.conf.

I have cross-referenced this file with that on our current system and it is exactly the same.

The line it is complaining about is the first in the HTTP Server administration section and is defaulted (presumably) to RewriteRule ^/QIBM/HTTPSVR/Admin/qzhafrnt.ndm/frontpage$ /HTTPAdmin [R]

As I mentioned this is the same as our current system but strangely, the directory HTTPSVR under QIBM does not exist on either system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony.

When you did the restore, did all of the objects retain their authority? What user did you restore as? Does that location exist in the IFS?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back