Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP 500.100 - When 2 people access site

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyCronin

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
GB
Hello,

I have built a site on my desktop (Win 2000 with IIS) and it all seems to work fine. I can access site, update database (Access), view using localhost or IP address.

I have given someone else the IP address and they can access site but get Page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services.

Error Type:
Provider (0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/DevTeamSite/DevTeamSite/main.asp, line 5

Line 5 is where database connection is made.

I have shared the database, the web folder, registered some data access components (MS site says to do this). Any ideas?

I have had this too - it seems to be a permissions issue with the DB/DB folder. Ensure that the both these (assuming its an Access DB) have also got write permissions for the IUSR account. The DB folder needs them as Access creates an LDB file in this folder to temporarily lock the database (to prevent concurrent updates).

Closing your browser and opening a new instance will probably be necessary after you have changed these permissions. Maybe even a reboot. I get different behaviour with this annoying problem.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony
reddot.gif WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=2 VSPACE=3

I think you have cracked it. I thought it was permissions related and set write access to everyone on network but still got problem. I have set write access for IUSR on local pc and it seems to have sorted it.

Thanks for this it has been a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back