Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP 404 - File not found / Can't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrustad

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2000
US
I have a form with the following...

<FORM ACTION=Post1.asp METHOD=POST id=form1 name=form1>

Everything was working great for several weeks. Out of the blue I started getting HTTP 404 - File not found when it submit the form.

Post1.asp has not moved and seems to have the same permissions as the other files in the virtual folder.

If I change the action to reference a .htm file I get... 405 Method Not Allowed. It's looks like I lost the ability to post somehow.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards,
Mike

Try changing your form action to:

<FORM ACTION=&quot;Post1.asp&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot; id=&quot;form1&quot; name=&quot;form1&quot;>

although fairly simple of a solution, humbleprogrammer is probably correct. You should always contain your values with quotes. No questions ask!
There are a few things also to try here. first I don't like to give a form a id. have had problems in the past with object referencing in this case
so is the &quot; &quot; do not give the answer try the combinations of
<FORM name=&quot;form1&quot; ACTION=&quot;Post1.asp&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;>
<FORM ACTION=&quot;Post1.asp&quot; METHOD=&quot;POST&quot;>
etc...

this will take out the form tag being the issue. at that point I would start looking at IIS as the possible cause

[sub][/sub]

Thank you for the suggestions, though still no luck. I suspect something may have changed in IIS because the scripts were working fine before yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back