Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTTP 404 Error in OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1000

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2002
US
I have a few users that have started to complain about this issue over the past view weeks. I myself have noticed it in my personal mailbox as well. Certain messages will appear in a user's Inbox and can be seen in both OWA and Outlook. But, when the user clicks on the email message in OWA, he gets:

The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Now, again, the message is just fine when viewed in Outlook 2000/2002 clients on Windows 2000/XP computers. This problem only occurs when the messages are accessed in OWA.

Exchange System Config:
Windows 2000 Server SP2 (latest security updates)
Exchange 2000 Server SP3 (just upgraded 8/26/02)
PIII 1GHZ, 512MB RAM, 40 GB MAIN, 40 GB USER STORAGE

Anyone have some sort of suggestion on this? It seems like something is corrupt in the OWA database/pages or in the way it pulls the info from the store.
TIA. Matt.

What is the subject of a problem message? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

I am having the same issue with Exchange 2000 and my OWA users at one company I do work for.

Exchange 2000 Server SP3
P3-1Ghz
2GB Ram

Doesn't seem to matter on the subject of the message. Did anyone ever figure this out?

For anyone who is curious of what the issue was, I found that it had to do with the IIS Lockdown tool. After un-doing the changes, the problem ceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back