Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

htmllistener in com server

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakgrove

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
I subclassed the VFP 9.0 ffc htmllistener class to modify the getpagelength and getpagewidth so it can be used on a box with no printers defined. The new vcx is noprinthtmllistener.

I call it in a COM server “exe” to use it to print a report outputted as an html stream.
This exe is called from a dll which is called from an asp page.
The code in the exe is as follows:

Code:
  Set Classlib To noprinthtmllistener.vcx Additive
  loListener = Createobject("noprinthtmllistener")
  loListener.Quietmode = .T.
    ….. etc…..
  Report Form regcostweb.frx Object loListener
    ….. etc…..
When I build this and then call it from an asp page on my development machine It runs fine. When I try to deploy it to another machine the asp page calls the dll and the exe correctly how ever the “Createobject” command is not creating the object. I have error code to pass the error back up and it tells me the exe errors out at “loListener.Quietmode =.t.” because loListener is not an object.

Any ideas on why the "createobject()" works on the development machine but the same code does not work on the deployment machine. The deployment machine doesn’t have VFP installed.

Oakgrove Computer Grouper
Lansing, MI

Did you include Report.app in your distribution?

Regards,
Jim

Yepers!

Oakgrove Computer Grouper
Lansing, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back