Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HtmlInputFile - add posted file manually? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcstom

Programmer
Aug 22, 2003
GB
I have an HtmlInputFile object which allows a user to browse for a file to be uploaded. The file in question is always in the same place with the same name, so I was wondering if I can spare the user the hassle of browsing for the file by pre-filling the rendered input control... any ideas?

Tom
emo_big_smile.gif

Thanks, but this just looks like a file upload tutorial. I know all that. What I'm looking for is a way to pre-populate the contents of the HtmlInputFile control when it is rendered. Ideally I'd like to create the HttpPostedFile programmatically server side but I'm sure security features prevent this, but it would be useful at least to pre-populate the control so the user doesn't have to browse for the file every time. It's possible that security features prevent this too but if there is a way I'd like to know it!

Tom
emo_big_smile.gif

>>possible that security features prevent this too but if there is a way I'd like to know it!

bingo! and since u are aware of the consequences (somebody could well upload system log files etc), its not possible...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back