Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML5 Datalist not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkybee

Programmer
May 15, 2001
GB
Can anyone work out why my HTML5 Datalist is not working on this page

Link

but is on this test page

Link

The datalist options are being populated. If you look at the source you can see this, however, a dropdownlist is not appearing on the first page apart from for previous autocomplete options

It used to work when I first created it but I can't work out why it is not working now.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Web Development Manager

Hi

You banged the IDs :
Code:
[b]<input[/b] [maroon]name[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"ctl00$searchterm"[/green][/i] [maroon]type[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"text"[/green][/i] [maroon]id[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"ctl00_searchterm"[/green][/i] [maroon]class[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"form-control"[/green][/i] [maroon]list[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"ct[highlight]1[/highlight]00_merchants"[/green][/i] ... [b]/>[/b]
                                                                                    [gray]digit one |
                ,------------------------------------ vs. ------------------------------------'
                | lowercase letter L[/gray]
[b]<datalist[/b] [maroon]id[/maroon][teal]=[/teal][i][green]"ct[highlight]l[/highlight]00_merchants"[/green][/i][b]>[/b] ... [b]</datalist>[/b]

Feherke.
feherke.github.io

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back