Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML text imported with FlashVars

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagFan

Programmer
Mar 13, 2007
US
I have an HTML string that is passed into a flash movie using FlahVars. We are using the EpicFlash Control to render the movie in Asp.net. The issue is that when the string (CompanyBIO) displays in the textbox it displays the HTML markup and not the formatted text. I have the textboxes html property set to true and setting the htmlText property equal to the variable passed by FlashVars. Anyone have any idea why this will not render correctly? can html text be passed using FlashVars?

Thanks,

I have resolved this issue by parsing the HTML in ASP.NET before it is passed to the movie with FlashVars. If anyone may have a solution to the original issue i would still like to hear it as I would rather not use this approach.

We are still having issues passing HTML text using FlashVars.
Here is the code. Pretty simple, notUndefined is a function that checks to make sure the variable(CompanyBio) was assigned a value from the flashVar on load. If it has a value, set the html property to true and assign the text to it. I know it passes the notUndefined function otherwise the textbox would not be populated. nullData is a string constant assigned "No Data Available.

if (notUndefined(CompanyBIO)) {
pageHome.txtAboutUs.html = true;
pageHome.txtAboutUs.htmlText = CompanyBIO;
} else {
pageHome.txtAboutUs.text = nullData;
}

Strange how something so simple can get mucked up. I am new to AS so I may be missing something here.

I fixed this issue. Wanted to post the solution in case someone experiences it.

The problem is that FlashVars are passed to Flash as objects so when we set the textbox.htmlText = FlashVar it displayed the object not the string. Once we changed it to textbox.htmlText = String(FlashVar) everything works and the embedded HTML renders.

Knew the answer was going to be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back