Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML tags disappearing in dynamic text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterneve

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
GB
I´m having a few problems with a dynamic text box. I have some actionscrìpt which loads text from text files and a database into a dynamic text box using a mixture of xml and loadvariables to get the text into the box. This all works fine.

The problem is with html. I have the HTML checkbox checked, however this simply makes text between for example the opening bold tag and the closing bold tag disappear. Any one else had this problem? How do I fix it.

Thanx

:)

Any other text showing up outside of tags?
If so, question your tag syntax!

Regards,
new.gif

The text outside of the tags DOES show up, and I´ve checked the bg color isn´t the same as the text in the tags. There is no space where the text should be, it literally disappears.

Thanks to everyone interested

HTH

What's your string format like?

As...
mystring = &quot;<p align=\&quot;center\&quot;><font color=\&quot;#999999\&quot;><B>THIS IS STRING #01</B> OTHER TEXT &quot;;

Regards,
new.gif

something wrong with the syntax or you have a &quot;&&quot; in there somewhere within your text. I had the same problem a while back. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Hi guys,

thanks for all your help, but this is the code I´m using to test this:

Story=&quot;<b>my string</b>un bold&quot;;

The only bit that appears is the &quot;un bold&quot; bit. The html switch is checked, however when I un check it, the whole <b>my string</b>etc.. code is shown.

Please help!

thanx

Thanx for all your help guys,

incase anyone else has this problem, the answer is that in a dynamic text field, the font isn´t embedded properly. ie. if it is set to bold then the unbold font isn´t included and vice versa.

The only answer seems to be don´t use bold tags in your html or use system fonts.

Pete -

i've used bold tags in dynamic text before with no problems..don't think that was yours..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

actually i'm sorry was thinking i did but i have not..was just changing the font color..just tried to use the bold tag and your right it does not work..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

I use the bold tag and it works fine for me...here it is straight from one of my text files:

pathways=
<FONT SIZE=&quot;20&quot;><B>Our Purpose is: </B></FONT>

This is just a segment of it obviously but proof nonetheless that it does work.

Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Jeff: I think Peter is trying to 'embed' the font in the movie, so that the user sees the particular font whether he has it in his computer or not. In this case, the bold tags won't work, because Flash doesn't discern between bold and normal embedded text.

dave
dave@pinkzeppelin.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

oh ... I see... thanks for clearing that up... it must be Monday cause my perception is a little fuzzy this morning. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Just another tip one that I spent some time on is when embeding the font if the textbox doesn't have enough hieght it will the text box will appear empty. If everything else seems to be right drag the to increase its hieght.(happen with singleline dynamic text)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back