Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Html tab isn't being filled when you create a web page in Normal view

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyB

Technical User
Jul 4, 2002
GB
Hi :)

I have had a strange thing happen recently and I can''t fix it, so thought I'd ask here!

When I've created a web page in Frontpage 2002 it shows up in preview but a browser brings up a blank page. After looking, I find the html tab doesn't have code in the <body>

I've recently set up shared borders - would that cause the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Penny :)

After looking, I find the html tab doesn't have code in the <body>

Could you give a little more info (assuming you're still working on this, and same problem)? For instance, are you aboslutely sure that this <body> portion of the HTML code is within what you think is the page body? Is it possible you've got a main page body tag, and then perhaps a frame or tab <body> section as well?

Also, did you save changes to the page before viewing the HTML code, just to be sure that the HTML window was updated correctly after the last update to the edit window?

Also, are you sure you don't have any sort of protection in place that would not allow some of the HTML code to be viewed under normal conditions?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back