Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML source code in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGiveItAShot

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
I have an Access database set up to use the source code from a web page to build a table within my database based on portions of the HTML. For this to be effective, I need the source code to be updated every couple of minutes. Simply downloading the page (which is about 2 Mb), converting it to an HTML file, and linking the table within the HTML file takes an exorbitant amount of time even on my 2 gHz P4. I have tried embedding every MSIE / Internet control that I can find into a form, even started using the SendKeys command with MSIE, but I just can't get the source code to copy. The database is based on a .txt file (truncated when linking) that mirrors the original source code. I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear on what I'm working on .. I've been looking at it for too long. Please let me know if you have any questions, and any information is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back