Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML not showing in email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHolden

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
We have a company send out bulk HTML emails on sales our company has. We withen the company receive the email. On most of our notes clients the HTML comes through fine. On a couple of our clients the HTML does not show up. We get a red box with nothing in it. All clients are R5. All the settings are the same as everyone else as far as I can tell. Any ideas as to why these will show up in most but not all.

Thanks

I have similar problem , Is anybody know how to fix it ?

Try going into your Person Document, and making sure the "Format Preference for Incoming Mail" Field is set to "No Preference". That seemed to work for our users.

DocHolden,

Since I'm new to the world of Lotus Notes I dont know if this will help or not. I have seen this problem with some Outlook clients when the virus protection is turned on. You may want to check these problem machines and see if they also have Outlook running on them as well. If they do you should go to Tools/Options/Security and make sure the check box next to "Do not allow email to be saved that could potentially be a virus" is UNCHECKED.
Like I said before I'm not sure if this will help but you never know what hooks Microsoft has in its HTML readers.

Chuck

Thanks but we do not install Outlook on any of our computers.

Their firewall could be blocking the html portion of the message.

Firewall would block everyone here and it does not. It only happens to this one computer.

DocHolden,

Verify that the person has a local database called perweb.nsf, depending on how the HTML email is formatted for delivery, the client may need to go out to the web to retrieve the images/content. If this database is not present this will fail. You can create this file manually from the Personal Web Navigator template. I would verify that the others who are able to get the HTML emails probably have this database locally.

Hope this helps!

Also make sure the Internet browser is set to "Notes and Internet Explorer". Sometimes the display of certain HTML things such as pictures fail if this is not set correctly altough on my machine it works fine with a setting of "Internet explorer" only. But I have seen this mentioned before.

Also make check the "Additional options" in the user preferences.

Good luck with this one!

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Thank you kilerOn. Thank did it. I don't know why a couple of people did not have that file but they did not and everyone else did.

Thank you

I have been having a ton of issues with this problem. HTML images will not show up on any email messages with any of our users. The message will just lock up the notes session for 20 minutes, and then when the message finally comes through, all the HTML has red Xs. We have pernames.nsf for all users, and I have checked, and double checked all the settings in the user preferences section. I am really scratching my head on this one. Any help will be very helpful.

-Jay

I am also getting this problem of html emails not displaying properly. Domino is 5.0.11 and clients are 5.0.13a and a few 6.5's both display red boxes and some of the html information but not formatted propetly and the tables won't display.

If I forward this to my personnel webmail account it then displays properly. I have tried everything in this post but no joy.

[pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back