Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML mailform processor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbinky

Technical User
Sep 11, 2005
NL
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a free mailform processor. I've searched with google but I can only find e-mail form processors with a trial period, banners placed on my website, etc. And most important, I don't want my visitors to notice that their e-mail message is being processed by another sote, so no:

"Thank you for your message, you will be redirected in X seconds."

Is this all possible for free :) ? If I had PHP I'd do it completely Server Side btw.

grz

Nobody is able to provide this service for free. It's always going to cost them money. That's why they look to recoup it from you - via advertising or other means. Seems fair enough to me.

If you don't want to see ads on your site, I suggest you pay for hosting that includes php (or whatever) support. You can get it very cheap if you shop around, this one, for example, will charge you $3 a year!

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

You can get it very cheap if you shop around, this one, for example, will charge you $3 a year!
Whoa! That is some seriously cheap hosting! I wouldn't use such a service for a production site, but for a "throw-away" development solution (or for a weekend fun project) it looks like a winner!

Thanks for the link Chris.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

Yeah, I'd be cautious about ultra-cheap hosting - anybody running a business on such low margins is vulnerable to going belly-up at short notice. If you go for a budget scheme...
[ul]
[li]Register your domain name yourself. That's pretty cheap too, and it means you can easily point it to another host if you have to.[/li]
[li]Take regular backups of any database files stored on your host - you could lose them if the host dies[/li]
[li]Be prepared for more downtime, and poorer support, than you get with other hosts - you get what you pay for![/li]
[/ul]
That said, it's still a pretty good deal if you're on a tight budget. You can shop around further starting with some of the host finders listed at
-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Ok found it already :). I've used , a mail form processor that is free and shows no ads.

I've found this code, grabbed from the example page:

<form name="formname" method="post" action="<input type="hidden" name="mailto" value="mailto(at)address.com">
<input type="hidden" name="from" value="mailfrom(at)address.com">
<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Subject line">
<input type="hidden" name="fromname" value="Your name">
<input type="hidden" name="goto" value="<input type="text" name="sometextfield"><br />
<input type="text" name="anothertextfield"><br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit"><br /><br/>
<a href=" target="_blank"><font size="1" face="Verdana">Mail-Maniac, free HTML email form

processor</font></a>
</form>

I must use these mail form processor since my webserver doesn't have a server side language installed.

Thanks for the push in the right direction!

grz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back