Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html include

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvchez123

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
US
Hi,
I'd like to do a simple HTML include of a file, I can't quite get it and am not sure if the code is not correct, or if i need to find out if it can be done on my current server. I know it can easily be done in ASP or Cold Fusion, but need to keep these HTML files. I'm not sure if I need to ask a question to my server provider, but thought I'd start here. Here is my current code:

<!--#include file="../include/header_help_main.html"-->

that links to the HTML file above. thanks

Search these thread for 'include' or just check recent thread thread215-1019401.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Try viewing the page online, then do a "View Source". If you see the include comment still there, it means that it hasn't been processed by the server. You may need to change your server settings and/or give your pages a .shtml extension.

There are a couple of helpful FAQs referenced in the other thread.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back