Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML in auto responses... not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davcom1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
GB
I have created a website where potential customers can complete an enquiry form... I want to be able to send an auto response telling them that we are dealing with the enquiry.

I can sort out the MESSAGE RULES in Outlook Express (Outlook doesn't seem to have this feature!?) and have created an e-mail with a little HTML for graphics and selected this to send as a reply.

The problem is that it arrives on the recipients computer as an ATTACHMENT... and in Outlook, the graphics are separated as icons at the bottom of the e-mail.

If I send the e-mail direct to Outlook, it appears correctly.

Is there a better way to achieve the desired effect?

FYI The website is but I'm still messing with the forms so please don't waste your time completing them!

Thanks in advance for any help!

David

The main issue I can see here is that you have no control over which email application your potential customers are using or how they have it configured to receive email. Not everyone uses Outlook. At home, I don't use Outlook (for security reasons), plus I receive my messages in plain text format as opposed to html format. Others use different mail applications, browsers, Yahoo!, etc.

If the graphics are not absolutely critical to the autoresponse, I would just go with text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back