Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML: How to save values in HTML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhafir

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
NZ
Hi all,
I am very new to HTML.
I have an html page with text box and check buttons controls.
Is it possible to save the html page after typing values in these txt boxes so that I can retrieve them later?

Many thanks!

Dhafir

Hi Dhafir
You can't save the changes just using html. You can save them to a database using server-side languages such as asp or if they are settings for an individual user you can write cookies to their machine. What exactly is it that you need to store?

Hope I helped / Thanks for helping
if ((Math.abs(x)<10&&Math.abs(y)<10) && (((parseInt(Math.abs(x).toString()+Math.abs(y).toString())-Math.abs(x)-Math.abs(y))%9)!=0)) {alert(&quot;I'm a monkey's uncle&quot;);}

Thanks HellTel,
You certainly helped a lot.
What I wanted is to provide the employees of our company with a quick electronic application form to be filled and e-mailed back to the moderator. This application form needs to have radio buttons and check boxes. There is no code behind these controls, they are just visual indicators. All I wanted is for them to tick or check few boxes and type in other text boxes and then save the document and e-mail it, that's it. It is just like an html page, but for internal use only without other web complications like asp or any need for database ...etc
This is the only options that seemed to me fast to implement ( I thought! )

Thanks again.

What you describe is form processing, which requires some sort of scripting. Database functionality is not required but you need to process the form elements with Java, Perl, CGI, PHP, Python or ASP. These scripting languages allow you to do any of the following with the form data:
1) email data to an email address
2) store the data in a flat text file
3) store the data in a database application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back