Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML Help Workshop & Frontpage Web?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoodman00

Programmer
Jan 23, 2001
I used Frontpage to create a website to act as helpfile for a program I have written. I then used the HTML Help Workshop to create a proper compiled help file. I then created a TOC for all of the pages in my helpfile. I want the help file to load index.htm as the opening page for my help file. I set this in the options, & it loads index.htm when the helpfile is first loaded. However, all of the formatting (themes etc inserted by Frontpage) are missing.

I assumed this was just a bug between Frontpage & the HTML help workshop, but discovered that clicking on an entry in the table of contents loads the help file perfectly. Investigating this I have found that the table of contents appears to simply hyperlink to an external html file.
Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Does anyone know of a way around this problem??

James Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back