Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML full screen presentation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christylh8

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2002
US
Hi!

I'm working on a contract design with a company who wants to pass around business card CDs of a small HTML presentation at their next expo.

I have developed the pages at their requested 768 x 1024 resolution, however they wish for it to open maximized screen as soon as the user puts the CD in. I cannot list a "push F11 to view this CD properly" statement at the beginning, which is understandable.

Is there any way to do this? I have researched some Javascript without luck in finding what I need.

My issue has also been that viewing the pages in F11 is automatically crashing them, on each computer I test it with.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Christy

Well if you can view the pages in Internet Explorer then theres a function in the window.open varible tahts something like this
Code:
window.open("newWin.html","windowName","fullscreen")
I know its something like that you might have to look up the correct syntax..If you can't find it or need help just post back here and ill look for it...and do you have the part where the user puts in the cd and the site pop-ups working yet becuase if you dont i think i can help you.
Jammer1221

Jammer,

I can use all of that right now if you have time. :) There is a programmer who will program the autoplay function for me before she burns a test cd, but I'd like to get as much as I can done on my own.

Thanks SO much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back