Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

paze

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2003
US
I am looking to add a feedback form on our html based intranet. Can this be done? What are the steps that i need to take to complete this? The server holding this web is a dell server running windows 2000 server.
Specifically i am looking for help on making the 'Submit' button process the form and send it via email to an assigned reciepent based on the form. The development of the form is complete, i just need to look into server extensions, perl, or another type of emailing solution.
Any ideas that would work on a Windows Server 2000 enviroment would be great.

A simple google search for Sending email from ASP would have been enough to find what you're looking for...

google.gif
juggle.gif

Go to the perl or CGI forum and do a keyword search using form mail. You'll find scads of very good examples that are easy to use and adapt to your form. And you don't need any special server extensions - just perl.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back