Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML Form (ASP.NET) and Flex on same page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
QUESTION:
Can I submit an HTML form and Flex values from one submit button?

BACKGROUND:
I am developing an inventory system. The "Add Product" page of the system has two main sections.

Section 1: HTML form with text fields for product information (cost, price, etc...)

Section 2: FLEX component that connects to a webcam and captures a picture of the product. When a picture is taken it immidiately uploads the image to the server.

Can I create one submit button that will submit all of text field inputs (Section 1) AND the name of the picture taken in the FLEX component (Section 2) to a database for storage?

NOT THE BEST SOLUTION:
Right now the only solution I can figure out is to have a submite button for submitting the text fields in Section 1 and another submit button to submitting the image information from Section 2.

POTENTIAL DISASTER:
I just don't want to have two submit buttons. If I capture an image and click the wrong button I will loose the image and submit the text fields instead. Or, if I fill in all of the text fields and then hit the image submit button I will loose all of the info in my text fields.

Thank you! I will read up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back