Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee1212

Vendor
Mar 26, 2001
US
I'm trying to create email messages that look like web pages. I've created the page in Dreamweaver, uploaded the page and all the artwork on to the internet, but I can't figure out how to send it out from that point. I have Outlook Express as my primary email program. Any help would be appreciated.

Teresa

I've never done it before but under the "Message" Menu in outlook you should have a "New message with" Menu... choose select stationary and this should allow you to choose an html file to use as email stationary.

Is this what your shooting for?

Hello Teresa!

I've done it couple of times but always with MS Outlook Express (OE). If it's interesting I'll tell you what to do.

1) create page using DW (if you use styles - create it inside the page, don't use separate file);

2) put the page and all necessary images in the folder where OE keeps its stationaries. To know the path open OE, goto Message > New Message Using > Select Stationary... Here you may find all stationaries OE has and path you need (your page must be saved there). On my machine it's C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\stationary.
Put your files there (try to give names to images similar to the name of the page - for example, mypage.htm, mypage.gif, mypage2.gif, mypage3.gif, etc.).
You don't need to upload any files anywhere!

3) tell OE that you have new stationary. Again goto Message > New Message Using > Select Stationary... and select your file. Now if you press small down arrow next by New Mail you'll see you stationary! You may use it!

If you want your stationary to be the default for all new messages do next:
1) goto Tools > Options...;
2) select Compose;
3) at the Stationary check Mail and select your file by pressing Select...

That's it! Hope it helps (at least you know that you don't need to upload anything).

Good Luck!

Eugene--I am interested in creating email stationery too--I followed your instructions--put the html file and pics in the correct folder--but the pictures won't show up on the message--Any idea? Stephanie

Thanks for your help, but I don't think OE for mac has stationery capabilities. Am I missing something? Any other ideas?

Teresa

I am also trying to create web page emails in Dreamweaver, (not stationary or email with a background). Is it possible to create a full colour email ad or flyer page that can be sent by email, but not as an attachment? (So that when you click on the email received, instead of a normal text email, the ad or flyer appears instead.) Many companies are now sending these email flyers or ads. Is this possible, or does it require something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back