Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

html emails - never done it before..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi,

I appreciate that this is probably a very easy subject but i have been scouring the net for tips and solutions but i cannot get it to work..

I want to be able to create a simple html email newsletter for a client..

I tried pasting html code into the email, stripping out all irrelevant stuff and did a few test sends to myself, but the html doesn't render..

Could someone please shed some light on this for me, or point me towards a good tutorial, or at least tell me why the html won't render (what have i missed or not included?). Thanks..

Cheers,
Paul @ basepoint designz ltd..

basepointdesignzltd

Can you post your code?

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

hi,

I haven't really got any code yet, i was merely just testing it with the main <HTML>, <HEAD>, & <BODY> tags, with some formatted text. Just as a simple experiment..

I read somewhere about the need for the email client or something to be MIME compliant, what is that? And how do i code the main header tags or is there anything as a rule i need to know about?

Cheers,
Paul @ basepoint designz ltd..

basepointdesignzltd

You've got it right with the mime type. Most e-mail clients don't let you change it. Personally my realm is the web, so I know how to send html e-mails through a PHP script, say, but I'm not sure about a client that'll do it. If you can find an e-mail client that'll let you look at the source of rich text e-mails, that'd work.

Ok, I check fooled around some in Outlook, and there is a viable option. Create a new message in rich text mode, then go to view>Source Edit, then go to the Source tab at the bottom. You should be able to put you HTML there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back