Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML e-mails.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
GB
Hi,

I need to create a HTML e-mail. I know how to put images onto one but how do you get the layout bit. I have been through all the menus [I think...!!] in Outlook and can't find anything that enables you to insert a table or anything like that. Is there anyway to creat a HTML page outside of this programme and then turn it into an e-mail....?

Cheers, roda B-) fallingthunder@hotmail.com

you should be able to create the file in MS word 2000 and use the send to link.

Other wise, you would have to use an HTML editor or notepad to create the file and send it as a link.

Hope this helped.

Does this meen the e-mail that I send in the first instance will just have a link on it or will the e-mail pull in the web site when the reciever opens the mail....? :cool: fallingthunder@hotmail.com

hmm, more likely it'll be a link. I dont recall how you can include attachments, using raw HTML, I have created a webbased email for my site, but thats using ASP and a serverside JMail componet, for receiving, deleting, composing, replying etc emails (if you look at my site you'll notice the logs of all the changes I made recently)

Still got work to do on it, but if I see something thats pure html , I'll let you know. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

From OE release notes:

To edit the source of an HTML message you are writing, on the
View menu, click Source Edit. Three tabs will appear at the
bottom of the Window. Click the Source tab to see and change
the HTML.

Anything you include will be sent, and included on opening, images, Applets - whatever, forms - anything you have on a website.
This is what you meant wasn't it? not webmail? If you want just make a link to the page, it will open in new window,or use JavaScript to pop it up onLoad(). ;-)
b[sup]2[/sup] - benbiddington@surf4nix.com

That option doesn't show up on my view menu in MS Outlook (not Outlook Express). However I was able to go to the Format menu and set it to HTML. I was also able to include an image by using the Insert menu, but it was a local image that is probably transmitted along with the email. Any HTML tags I manually inserted into the email were ignored. Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard.

Same here, but a guy who works with me says it is possible to do this [or something like this] in Outlook but it has been dissabled. I guess we'll see when and if he enables it for me....

roda B-)

Try programming the entire thing in MS Word and then copy/paste it into outlook. it may mess things up a bit, but you do you get the tables.

pm

I haven't ever been able to use html tags in the body of an e-mail and have it display correctly. A pretty annoying workaround is to create the page and then view it in IE. Click Edit, Select All and then Edit, Copy (or CTRL+A, CTRL+C), then go into Outlook, create a new mail message and paste it into the body of the e-mail (make sure the formatting on the e-mail is html)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back