Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML Body vAlign problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmil

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
AU
I have a simple web page and I am sure there is a simple answer to this question. I know I have solved this before but haven't used HTML in quite a while.
The main table in my page, immediately after the body tag does not align completely in the left and at the top. the page does not always fill the entire vertical height and then the page moves down the available window space. I want the top left corner of the main table to remain at the top left corner of the page. Can anyone help.

Thanks.

The body and top table are as follows:

<body valign="top" align="left">
<table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="left" valign="top" height="95%">

What else do I need to do?

1. You could run your site through the validator to see which attributes that you're using are obsolete or downright do not belong to the tag they're used for.
2. You should remove the gutters by adding [tt]style="margin: 0; padding: 0;"[/tt] in your body tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back