Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML based help broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

euston

Technical User
Sep 8, 2002
GB
Since the middle of last year, a Windows update (unknown) has broken HTML help. Programs like Dreamweaver 4 and Homesite no longer have direct access to HTML based help. With Homesite, a message box appears informing me of an Invalid Floating Point Operation.

There have been 48 Windows updates since 29 June 2010 (this is the date of my most recent archived system disk clone). One of those updates is guilty.

Owzat! On ya way, back to the pavilion!

Take a look here see if any of those Help breakages apply to you:

Security Updates that Break HH

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Thank you vacunita. That is a lot to think about. I last did some web site authoring in June 2010. Everything with Homesite worked OK then. The problem has arisen since and with the knowledge of what has changed on the system I can only think that a Microsoft update since June 2010 has brought about the change.

Owzat! On ya way, back to the pavilion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back