Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML Authoring - can't save ODBC linked fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

linmatt

Technical User
May 22, 2002
GB
Firstly - I'm no programmer, thus the old D'n'D approach.

Running OOo 1.1.2 (just upgraded from 1.1.1), Win2k Pro on the laptop, XP Pro on desktop. Windows 2000 Server on the server. SQL Server 6.5 on NT4 (don't ask!).

I'm having trouble with ODBC database access via a web page: I want to put a web page capable of accessing the SQL Server 6.5 (yeah - I know!) database over ODBC, from a Windows 2000 Server. Works fine if I take it off design in OOo but it won't let me save over ftp - tells me "You cannot save to the URL specified. Please chose another loacation". I can't even save it locally to either my laptop or desktop. I have a new web site and virtual ftp site set up in IIS to save to, and for now permissions are about as loose as I can get them and anonymouse access!

Can anyone tell me:

a) how to get it to save to an FTP site from "Save As" - never had this trouble with ftp before.

b) How to get it to save the form fields - I get "Warning saving the document <filename>:Write error Document could not be completely saved". I get this if I start to use ODBC linked fields. I have the DSNs set up exactly the same on the server and they work fine.

c) How can I filter the results in say a couple of text boxes dependant on the selection in a combo box? E.g. if I select a date in the drop-down list I want it to bring up some production-related info for that date. (I'm not too bad with SQL, but can't seem to get it to relate to the form controls.

Any help very much appreciated.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back