Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML and printing Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy86

Programmer
Oct 4, 2006
US
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has come across a way to print Labels Using HTML and CSS. To do this, it is very important to get a page break and I can not find a reliable way to break a page. I would appreciate any suggestions you may come up with. Thanks.

You do not have to worry about a page break. For example:
1" x 4" labels, 2 columns, 10 rows, 20 labels per page (Avery 5161). Just use inches for your css layout and when you have more than 20 labels it will automatically start a new page.

Clive

Some of this relies on browser compatibility with CSS specs and printer setup.

I realize HTML is your goal but you may want to consider labels generated as PDF files via apps like that from fpdf.org to ensure consistent output from Adobe Reader.

Your fpdf solution was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I could not get the page break to work on different printers. You are truely a lifesaver, thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back