Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HTML and IF statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

samesale

Programmer
Sep 15, 2003
US
Is it possible to test an input value in HTML before allowing a user to submit the data? In my HTML program, I have a form to fill out. However, I want to make sure that some of the valuss are filled in before submitting the form. So to ensure that, I want to test the value within the HTML (e.g. if statement) before showing the submit option to the user.

Look in the javascript forum and do a search on form validation.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

That is all JavaScript.

-BUT-

Bear in mind that if the reason you're counting on JavaScript to do your validation is because if the wrong information gets sent, it'll break your program, thats not a very secure approach.

One of the favorite pass-times of a ahem... friend of mine, is to take the source code to web page front ends, take out the Javascript validation parts, make the paths absolute, and launch the page locally to see what kind of weird stuff I... uhhh.. he.... can push into the webserver.

deletion mistake
no I can't recover that
you didn't save it

-Shrubble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back