Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hsp56k micromodem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoochtrio

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I have been using this modem for a couple of years, now i want to put it into another pc as I have upgraded my primary modem. Instalation ok. os recognizes the modem and drivers, then an error message on attempt to use NO DIAL TONE the line is fine the cable fine and the modem works in primary pc. coming out of a time 500mhz 64mb going into a dell 200mhz 64mb.as a last resort tried spare motorola modem sm56k same story with that one...it even dials number then reports no dial tone. I have disabled wait for dial tone in os.no effect!have installed and unistalled....over and over nothing works.HELP before 2 pc's send me over the edge.Have been playing with modems since they were the size of a laptop and never come up against this b4

Status
Not open for further replies.