Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HSG80 -> hangs when deleting unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persevalli

Technical User
Nov 3, 2001
BR
Where I can find information about part of the answer of the command "show unit" ?

The situation (example):

==============================
show d107

"a lot of well known stuff"
State:
ONLINE to this controller
Reserved
"a lot of well known stuff"
==============================

When I Delete a unit where the state is "Not Reserved" , the HSG80 CLI hangs (still working , but it´s not administred until a reboot).

The other states are: "Reserved" , "Not Reserved" and "Persistent Reserverd"

What´s the meaning of this state? Somebody have documentation about that or about the hangs?
Somebody experienced this problem?

Thanks.

The hangs could be related to the ResetTPRLO issue, I've heard this also.
What ACS version are you running?
Multibus or transparent?
Clustering?
OS?

The reserved state is related to clustering, if the host has issued a SCSI Reserve command on the disk unit. You see "reserved" in an MSCS environment, and "persistent reserved" in a TruCluster envirornment. I can't really say what the difference is, but that's what I've seen.
The CLI manual and other manuals in the platform kit should have an explanation on this.
/charles

Def. your resetTPRLO and you need to look at your bindings. If you installed the drivers and have used lputilnt you are already in trouble. The lputilnt utility dosnt make the proper settings in the reg. and can cause major issues, you need to run the solutions software after the HBA install and verify the settings accourdingly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back