Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HS20's and DS4300

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoreyWilson

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2004
CA
Hello all,

I wanted to post this question in the SAN forums but rarely does anyone receive a reply there.

I am trying to configure a HS20 blade server to boot from a DS4300 san. I have configured the SAN with a 60gb partition (for testing) with a lun of 3 and assigned my hs20 blade to that array. I have the configured the qlogic QL2312 card by enabling the adapters bios, and specified the available disk array in the qlogic utility. it sees the array on lun3 of the controller. when the server boots and qlogic detection runs it sees the array on lun3. If I change the lun on the san and reconfigure the hba it will see it on a new lun so I know the the blade is pointing to the right location.

I choose to boot from cd, select f6 and supply an updated version of the hba driver downloaded from qlogic's website this morning. it detects the driver correctly from the floppy and loads it. However when it gets the point to hit enter to start setup and where you would usually see the lists of drives available to the server for installation I get the warning saying no drives have been detected on this system for installation.

As far as I know I have done everything correctly to this point. I am not sure what I am missing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

I should mention before the most obvious comes up. I changed the LUN back to zero as its my understanding that is a requirement for Windows to boot. Also, in storage manager I have confirmed that the boot adapter is configured with ownership of the logic drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back