Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HRMS-PAYROLL- ATTENDANCE BASED RETROPAY- CAN YOU HANDLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Practicalwisdom

Instructor
Oct 6, 2002
US
Hi all

I need clarification on attendance based "Retropay" and hope you will help me.

What is the use of PAYLINK tables?
Do we have to write proration formulae for all the earning elements for attendance (say person has atteded 28 days out of 30 days, his basic salary(one of earning element) is 28/30*basic)

Alternatively can we populated from the backend directly to one of the input variables of the PAyelements?(say define an input for all earnnig elements called attendance, similar to payvalue) and then link a formulae to each element?

I need a help on Retropay.

When we give salary based on attendance, the retropay will also depend on that.

Say for Month = 01-jan-2000, the attendance based salary for 28 days are 1) Basic wage- 2800 2) Work Allowance- 1400 (The worker has taken 3 days loss of pay).

for Month = 01-Feb-2000, the attendance based salary for 28 days are 1) Basic wage- 3100 2) Work Allowance- 1550(The worker attended full month and hence this is the full month salary).

IN the month of march his salary is increased with effective from Jan by 10 %.

The client wants the arrears to be given by 'RUN' for each element.
ie the payslip shall show-
Arrears for Jan-
-basic wage- 280
-ork Allowance- 140

Arrears for Feb-
-basic wage- 310
-Work Allowance- 155

Now in oracle, How this retro pay is handled?

(I have some idea about retropay by element, but here the the user has to enter the changed basic wage/work allowance in the Assignment>element screen. But here the problem is that it may not be possible for the user to enter the new data for all the employees(here for the employee the new Basic wage- 2800*.1+2800= 3080/-)

Am i right?

Hence what steps notmally we do to run payroll for retroactive payments?

Any tips?
(I will be thankful if you could explain with pay tables/ exaples with salary values )

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back