Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HR Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
Hey gang - looking for HR solutions that integrate well with Dynamics.

We have GP 9 on SQL2005 and use the payroll module there.

We have seen the HR module for GP and that is not a good solution
We have seen HROffice - and it looks like an outstanding choice, but the HR folks are wanting other choices.
We have seen HRB through ADP, but they do not integrate with ANYTHING (never will according to the sales folks) since they really want to do your payroll too. I think folks liked the pretty reports in HRB, but the non-integration thing is a killer.

SO - I am looking for other choices -

We are looking a Kronos. we use their time and attendance so Kronos is a lock almost. we use gp payroll. We had to do the intergration but ti works. we have an issue with leave balances in gp during payroll processing.

I am new on this project what is it that gp Hr module falls short on? We use some of it now?

I was always thinking that Kronos was more like an ADP where they have other systems, but those are in place because they REALLY want you to do their payroll system too --- I will take a look --- Thanks

GP HR is not really good as far as a true HR solution (I know - I should not hold back on my opinion). I would think that a good HR system would (no particular order)
1) allow EASY user customizations (each business is different and has different needs),
2) would have some form of Position tracking/control,
3) would allow the employees access to their own data (some sort of portal),
4) would allow employees to update their applicable insurance (example) info and it would push to the provider (as well as update other info)
5) would provide easy access to the data for high level reporting (so a snapshot of costs or FTE info)
6) would integrate real time with the Payroll system (keeping payroll & HR function seperate is the correct thing to do)

GP HR just feels too much like an accounting system bolt on and not an HR system like others I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back