Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HR forms entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitZero

Programmer
Mar 11, 2008
US
Our HR department is wanting to setup an intranet site where an employee can log in and select from a list of forms (like direct deposit, W4, United Way, etc), and then fill out the form on-line and submit it to HR. Does anyone have any suggestions for a utility that could be used to design the forms and generate the html? Thanks

Before addressing the technical aspect, can this really be done legally?

Don't some forms require signatures on physical paper?

How do you verify employee identity before accepting form data?

As some of my company's forms require signatures on hard copies, our intranet offers PDF forms that can be populated with variable data, printed, and then signed.

Thanks for the reply. At this point, I'm not concerned about the legal aspects, although that is definitely important. I'm just researching the general question of how to fill out a form on-line, and are there any utilities out there that could help with this.

I can't begin to suggest what form generation tools you could use without first understanding what capabilities you have in regard to web development and what database & scripting capabilities your intranet server supports.

Most web form developers probably use nothing more complicated than a text editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back