Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hpStorage 20/40 GB DLT drive..Win2k server backup doesn't see this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman10

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hey all-

This external tape drive is attached to the right scsi card and Windows server sees both the card and the tape drive in device manager.. my problem is that when I create a Windows 2000 backup (using the windows backup) it immediately want to backup to a file.bkf, it never sees this tape drive.. what can I do. I've got the drivers for the tape drive installed, what am I missing here??

thanks for all your help

gman[morning]

do you have the latest hp support pack on

and load hpltt to check tape drive
ie firmware etc

install hp drivers for tape not the crap that ms will install

Hi Terry712,

No I don't... I'm sure this might ahve come with the drive at some point but is not here.. can I download this for free? I am using tape drivers I downloaded from the HP site - seems like a suite of drivers but doesn't really help me in this situation, I will look for this support pack, I hope it helps detect and place this drive in removable storage under Computer Management.. thx again, if you have any other tips please feel free!

gman[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back