Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPSLPSVC64.DLL failed to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekkins

MIS
Feb 6, 2003
US
thread750-1663054

I'm having trouble loading the software for an HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-1 printer on a newly loaded Win7 64-bit machine. I'm using the lastest and greatest downloaded from HP's site. The error I get is "HPSLPSVC64.DLL failed to register" and the installation rolls back before it ever really starts. The above mentioned thread referenced a similar problem on a 32-bit Win7 computer and the fix was to give yourself full control of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/SvcHost

I did that and the installation made it past HPSLPSVC64.DLL but then throws up an error when trying to register HPQCX08.DLL. That error comes up twice, first when installing HP Imaging Device Functions and then again when installing HP Solution Center. It doesn't stop the installation - the installation finishes and then it rolls back just those two programs that require HPQCX08.DLL. The other 4 or 5 programs it installs (OCR, HP Updates) load fine. Is there yet another registry key you have to give yourself permissions to in order to register the other DLL? Thanks.

Please make sure you have the right installation file. Should be:
AIO_CDB_2570_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe [375.39M]

Here's what I would do. Remove all software via UNinstall programs from control panel. Make sure nothing is left in the Programs menu.

Run CCleaner and clean out the temp files and then the registry until no more errors, saving a backup each time before fixing problems.

Reboot PC.

Right click on the downloaded installation executable and choose Run As Administrator.

Thanks Goombawaho. I have the correct installation file and I tried the Run as Administrator option when I was getting the first DLL error. Not sure if I tried it after tne initial fix and I started getting the second DLL error. I'll give it a shot first chance I get.

You COULD try to do the following to each DLL that failed and try to keep reinstalling multiple times to see if it gets through. Very odd. Probably best to contact HP rather than keep thrashing with it though.

At command prompt:
regsvr32 C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPSLPSVC64.dll (or whichever DLL failed)

Sorry goombawaho, the "notify me" button doesn't seem to be working for this thread. My user can scan to other file formats than JPG now, even without the two programs that didn't install, so she's happy. As for contacting HP, I've read the horror stories people have posted about dealing with HP regarding this problem. Hell, I had to come here to learn of the svchost key fix. I don't hold out much faith in them figuring out the other problem. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back