Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPLASERJET 2840 LOW MEMORY - WONT PRINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerophil2

Technical User
Jan 29, 2010
US
I have a HP laserjet 2840, which has been working fine for 3 years. I printed 6 color pages and it will not print the 7th page or anything else. I get a "Low Memory" message and on the printer display it says "Low Memory - press Enter", but it only prints a blank page.

The ink cartridges are full. I looked at HP Toolbox and it shows total memory 96MB and available memory 46.38MB.

I tried turning off the power and unplugging it, and pressing # and 6 when plugging back in, but nothing works.

How do I get it to print?

Your memory is faulty. Do an NVRAM reset and a firmware update. If that doesn't work, replace the RAM.

... or it may just be that the 7th page is too complex for the printer to handle with its available memory.

Note that to rasterise an 8" x 11" rectangle with 24-bit colour at 600 dots-per-inch would require over 90MB if compression is not used.

What happens if you power-cycle the printer, then attempt to print a simple text job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back