Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP8100 quit printing from postscript driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon911

Technical User
Dec 23, 2002
US
We use an HP 8100 and 8000 in our office. The tax prep program we use requires us to use the PS drivers to print correct fonts. Both printers worked fine until recently the 8100 stopped printing from the PS driver. The driver is the same for the 8100 & 8000 and the 8000 still works fine, so I have eliminated the driver as the culprit. The 8100 still prints from the PCL driver, but output is unacceptable/unprofessional looking. There are no DIMM sticks in the 8100 so it must already have PS capability hard-wired in. Tax season is around the corner so we need this problem fixed soon.

Try swapping the formatter and JD cards from the two printers, they will work fine with either formatter (The formatter is the large metal plate with about six screws on the right hand side of the printer as you look at the control panel of the formatter).
Also try connecting the printer paralell to make sure that it is not the JD cards that is causing the issue.

Print an event log from the printer and see if you ave had many 49 errors or 79 errors to make sure that it is not the application that is causing the error, or that it is nbot a communications error.

In the driver, check the ports settings to see if the driver has been changed by someone.

Download and install Install network printer wizard to point the printer directly to the JD card of the printer and ensure that it is not something on your network that is causing the problem My advice is limited to my personal opinion, and the information I have been provided with. Paul Melarkey

You could try changing the default HIGH SPEED configuration from YES to NO...&/or the ADVANCED FUNCTIONS option (parallel communication) from default of ON to OFF. Also could try a Cold Reset, or NVRAM reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back