Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP4500 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysw

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2003
US
All day we keep getting Error 49 Cycle Power. In the book, it says to clear jobs and turn printer on and off and it should be fine. If it continues to contact your service rep. I've had to turn that #@*! printer on and off a million times now! And well.. I don't want to pay my guy to come fix it if there is someone WE can do here to fix it. Any ideas?

Pull the NIC and re-set the NVRAM. Try new memory, but its possible that the power supply is going bad.

Try changing the driver to PS and keep an eye on if it´s the same job generating the error. What specific 49.XXXX error do you get ? Browse the eventlog if possible and check what error(s) are stated there just before the first occourance of the 49.XXXX error. Big jobs might sometimes bring the printer to a halt and also printjobs with images too close to the margin of the paper or complex graphical jobs can cause this.

I am getting a 49.35.63 error. Does anyone know a good resource for finding out what these errors are? When you look at the log it just describes it as a "Printer error." That's not a very helpful description. Thanks.

Hey Now,

It is possible that the job you send is corrupt. Re-do the documents and test. Also, if you added memory recently, it could be bad, or wrong. AND.......Is this unit plugged into a,,,,,UPS? NO!NO!NO!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back