Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP4000 with 2 JetDirect Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossco6

MIS
Jan 14, 2004
GB
Can anyone tell me if they have tried this?

My requirement is to have 2 LANs on seperate IP address ranges and subnets print to the same printer. My thought was to insert a second JetDirect card and program it with a valid address for the second LAN - there is already a JetDirect card in the printer for the first LAN. However, I don't seem to be able to set an IP address on it.

I have a fall back plan of setting the printer up on a PC which is connected to both LANs and share it out, but I'd rather get the printer programmed with 2 addresses.

Any clues would be appreciated!

Never tried this. Curious if this works. Have you tried the latest version of web jetadmin? Have you searched via mac address?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back