Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP3000 and USR modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahooguy

MIS
May 11, 1999
US
Not sure if this is the proper forum but couldn't find a better place...<br>
<br>
We have 100+ customers using HP3000s. We use the user port to connect to Boca 33.6 modems for remote support. This worked fine for us and for HP's Predictive software that dials into HP. Unfortunately, we've had to change to USR 56K sportster V.90 modems. Although we can configure the USR to be compatible with our needs, the Predictive software can't dial out (gets a line busy error).<br>
<br>
HP is no help because they say the user port is for their use only. (with 100+ units in the field, we feel they should be a little more cooperative in resolving this issue). Does anyone else have a similar arrangement?

Again, don't know if this is the right forum, but here is the answer...<br>
When predictive dials out, it sends a series of commands to the attached modem. The commands are<br>
atq0<br>
atv0<br>
at&q1<br>
ate0<br>
ati2<br>
ate0 (not a typo)<br>
atx4<br>
at&e0<br>
at<br>
atdt ###<br>
<br>
Based on the response to the at&q1 and at&e0 (still don't know what this one does), predictive dials pulse, rather than tone. This causes the line busy error.<br>
<br>
Hope this post saves somebody 4 days worth of work :)

Oh, if this could only save 4 days work. I have a similar problem with USR v90 modems. These modems are used for end of day polling and several retail outlets in a mall that has just been renovated. I can operate the USR fine with my laptop, using hyperterminal and XP, but when the client uses their PC(dos based- no windows) the modem will not initialize are returns a line busy or modem error. Their dial string is

AT &F E0 V0 M1X4 S0=0 &C1 &C1 &D2 &A0 &B1 &K0 &H1 &R2!

When you monitor the line, you can hear the modem attempting to connect, but after about six seconds, no luck..

Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back