Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp-ux11iv3 crash on integrity bl870c during os kernel boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

foorsa

Programmer
Sep 28, 2008
EG
I have a problem it seems to me as kernel panic during os booting i attached screen shots for the error

Has this system ever booted before, or is it a fresh install?

It seems to be having trouble locating your root disk. Do any disks appear to be faulty when you examine them physically? Do you have an alternate/mirror root disk that you can try to boot from (it doesn't look like there are any in the Boot Option list).

Annihilannic.

Yes , it was working and it's a fresh install we did kernel tunning to it for Oracle RAC

Yes there server has 2 disks mirrored

That 0x5b34... in the boot device address looks strange to me. It may be correct, but just in a format I haven't seen before.

There should also be an option on your boot menu for the mirror disk, but it is missing.

Try entering the "EFI Shell" option, and tell us what the output of the search all command is. Hopefully from that we can guess the correct boot device, either for your primary boot disk (assuming the above device address is in fact incorrect), or for the mirror disk. You can return to the boot menu by using exit from the EFI shell.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back