Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP SureStore Tape Autoloader 1/9 Drive Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

koltes

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
GB
Hello,

I've got a problem regarding an HP 1/9 Series DLT1 autoloader. The drive installed in the autoloader got defective and I tried to exchange the drive by another working DLT1 drive from a retired server. Both the drive and the autoloader are LVDS units. The problem is now that the library controller card of the autoloader is unable to "see" the drive (it reports that the drive failed or is disconnected).

After powering up the autoloader I can see the new DLT1 drive inside the HP Library & Tape Tools utility and the drive passes the basic tests without failure. After some time the autoloader shuts down the drive and reports the error. From this point on I can see the autoloader in the utility and the utility reports that the autoloader failed to power up.

Both cables and the SCSI terminator are in working condition and the autoloader robotics passed all self-tests available that do not incorporate the drive module.

Anyone any ideas how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Andreas Koltes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back