Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP SureStore Optical 2200mx Jukebox (C1107m) attached to Win2k Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yike

MIS
Aug 26, 2003
US
Having a very tough time finding management software for the HP SureStore Optical 2200mx Jukebox (C1107m) attached to a Windows 2000 Server. Originally a Hummingbird solution was supposed to manage the hardware, but we found out in the 11th hour that the management component is in beta and isn't going to be used.

The C1107m apparently isn't on the HCL for Win2k or Win2k3 so it isn't showing up correctly in the Removable Storage or else I would just give that a try.

I query HP for what Windows based software it *typically* used in this situation, and they keep giving me bogus leads - I'm amazed nobody has any good advice.

Anyone using a C1107m attached to a Windows 2000 Server? If so, what is performing the management of that hardware/robotics/media? Anyone?

(Just noticed this might be in the wrong area - I did not see the optical forum until now. No editing of posts? Sorry folks. I guess since we're talking removable media management, its all the same though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back