Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Storage Server Cluster- Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello all-
I decided I would create a new post for this one... Please help w/ any suggestions (I'm a newbie at this)...

What I have:
2 HP DL380 G4s Cluster
Using Proliant Storage Server software
Using the WebUI to administer the cluster
The cluster is presented with 4 LUNs (150 GB each) on our EVA 4000 SAN (using Command View to Administer). No data on them whatsoever... HP Set this up for us...

Problem:
I decided to decrease the 4 LUNs down to 100 GB each. I did the following:
1. Unpresent each of the 4 drives in Command View;
2. Then, delete each drive of these in Command View;
3. I DID NOT DELETE THE Quarum Drive, nor did I delete the 7GB Drive (don't know what it's used for but someone told me this is a standard NAS config)

So, at this point, I have recreated the Vdisks in CV, and presented all 4 new LUNs/Drives to both nodes... However, I am confused because I never configured the 'cluster'. I'm sure I need to somewhere- I don't know where. Can anyone help? All of this stuff is new to me but I think I know the fundamentals (?) Is there any good Documentation on this process using HP Storage Server/Works with HP Command View?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back